Donating your car to one of our charities is easier than you could imagine. If you’re wondering how to donate a car to a worthy cause today, here’s everything you need to know. We’re here to take you through the process step by step.
- Fill out our online donation form or call us at (877) 689-0815 and one of our staff will assist you. Feel free to ask any questions you might have. Our staff are friendly and welcoming and they want to help you through the donation process as smoothly as possible.
- Once you’ve committed to donate a car, you’ll receive a call from your chosen charity to arrange collection of your vehicle. They’ll select a date, time and location that works for you. All you need to do is compile any relevant paperwork (car title, service documentation, etc) and remove your personal items from the car.
- Your vehicle will be auctioned off and you’ll be mailed a tax deductible receipt for the value of your donation.
- If you have any questions during the ongoing donation process, just give our representatives a call and they’ll be happy to help out. Our charities aim to make the process as stress-free as possible and always welcome communication with their generous donors.
How Does My Donation Help?
You might be wondering exactly how your old car helps children and adults in need, but you’d be surprised at just how far the dollars can stretch. The proceeds from your donation will go towards sustenance, shelter and resources that will help give the disadvantaged the aid they need. This can include food, water, housing, clothing, toys, games, books, educational textbooks, specialist tools and much more. These kinds of resources can go a long way and can be used for years to come. Your car donations help our charities to source these supplies on a continual basis.
Even if your vehicle isn’t worth a lot, our charities will hire companies to strip down and extract the valuable parts. None of your vehicle will go to waste. Even the parts our charities don’t use will be recycled for further use by someone else when you donate a car to Car Donation Centers. So, instead of letting your old vehicles collect rust in your garage or driveway, give them to a worthy cause that will maximize their usefulness. You might be surprised at just how much value is sitting there in your garage right now, and no doubt our charities and yourself would prefer to get something out of them.
How Much Do I Get When Donating?
The amount of tax deductible compensation you’ll receive depends on the condition of your vehicle. It will fall into one of two categories:
- If your vehicle is a) not in good working condition, b) our charities have to recycle it, or c) doesn’t sell at auction for more than $500, then your tax deductible receipt will be to the value of $500.
- If your vehicle goes to auction and sells for more than $500, then your tax deduction will be to the value of the actual sale price of your vehicle. In every case, our charities will aim to get as closely to market value as they can.
In either case, the minimum you’ll receive for a donation is $500 off your tax bill, but you could also receive a lot more. It all depends on the factors which go into determining the market value of your car, be it age, mileage, driveability and current condition. However, for a car that isn’t in working order, $500 as good as you could expect to sell it for to a private seller or used car lot.
Is Donating Worth It?
You might be wondering how to donate a car and whether it is worth it in the long term. However, we’re here to tell you that it absolutely is. The most worthy aspect of donating is that your old car could vastly improve the lives of America’s vulnerable adults and children. If you ask us, it’s impossible to put a price on someone’s happiness, especially those who’ve endured difficult lives from day one. Our charitable organizations make sure that every vehicle donation is put to good use, be it through auction sales or through selling off spare parts. Our charities are dedicated to making every donation count.
It’s also worth donating for your own benefit too. Everyone’s been through selling hardships before, from posting ads, dealing with no-showers and fending off low-ball offers. When you donate a car to one of our charities, you don’t have to worry about any of these inconveniences. Just call up, make your donation and your car will be gone in record time. Additionally, the tax benefits you’ll receive will be comparable to the same amount you’d get from selling your vehicle privately. That’s why more and more people are choosing to donate to worthy causes rather than endure the hassle of selling.